Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gerald Neves and friends

There’s a guy at UCT called Gerald Neves. Gerald was running for the UCT Student Rep Council. I’m pretty sure Gerald wasn’t elected. Do you want to know why Gerald wasn’t elected? I’ll show you why Gerald wasn’t elected. Gerald wasn’t elected because of his campaign slogan.

“Gerald I’d like to ask you a few questions if that’s OK with you?”

“How are you?”

“I’m fine thank you Gerald. Please tell me what you plan to about the illegal gambling happening on campus.”

“How are you doing? OK?”

“Thank you Gerald. Now I know this is a delicate subject, but what is your stance on student/lecturer relationships?”

“Are you well?”

“Thank you Gerald. Now some people have been talking around campus and it’s rumoured that you want to make the canteen more expensive to pay for a WW 1 memorial garden. Is there any truth to this?”

“How’s it going?”

“Gerald, I think you’re a chop.”

“How are things on your side?”

If anyone actually knows if Gerald Neves was elected to the SRC, please let me know. Before we go, this is the absolute genius he was up against. Sorry for the bad pictures but I think it's quite fitting given the thought put into these campaign slogans:

Wanted poster - "Students' empowerment by all means"


Mamba gyms every day so he can be SRC president - "Ready for the job, fit for the job."

This is sooo clever, he took a movie name and made a campaign slogan - "Make it Better" - featuring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.

These guys just want to party. It says 'Disco Dance' and it says 'Hey, I think we can be friends".


But none of them want to know how I am. I would've voted for Gerald Neves.

No comments: