Tuesday, November 17, 2009

AIDS ribbons

Apparently, AIDS is a pretty serious thing. So I fully understand and support people who wear the little inconspicuous red ribbons on there lapels.

It’s says simple. It’s says sweet. It’s says "I truly care".

But there’s a new ribbon in town. State-of-the-art flashing AIDS ribbon.

Not a word of lie. For those "look at me" people who want to appear to care.

It doesn’t say simple, it doesn’t say sweet, and it certainly doesn’t say "I care".

It says, no it screams:

“HEY LOOK AT ME! I SUPPORT THE AIDS! I’M GOING TO PUT THIS GREAT BIG FUCKOFF FLASHING AIDS BADGE ON MY GOLD SEQUINED GUCCI JACKET SO PEOPLE CAN KNOW I SUPPORT THE AIDS!

AIDS MEANS AN INTERNAL DISEASE SICKNESS!
I WANT TO SHOW MY SUPPORT FOR THE CHILDREN IN ADDIS ABABA WHO HAVE IT!

I DONATE SMALL CHANGE TO THE AIDS AWARENESS EVERY TWO YEARS AND THEY ARE SO GRATEFUL! BUT I DO IT JUST TO SEE THE LOOK ON THOSE KIDS’ FACES!”

!!!

Can we please not get silly about a serious thing? Let’s support AIDS by getting a ribbon in time for World AIDS day on 1 December.

http://www.worldaidsday.org/

Or if you don’t really care, GET A GREAT BIG FUCKOFF FLASHING ONE.




2 comments:

ginger reay said...

What I want to know is, do they come in blue?

Ranting Adonis said...

No, blue ribbons are used by chefs, not chops. Cordon Bleu.